JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate provides project leadership for various client engagements involving Strategic Real Estate Planning Initiatives, Portfolio Optimization and Monetization, Project Feasibility/Financing/Development, Financial Modeling and Advisory, and Real Estate Transactions/Fair Market Value Analyses. The RTG – Johnson City office will have a strong emphasis on sales and leasing leadership in the sale of property, lease retention, and new leasing services for the assigned real estate properties, with a strong emphasis on building strong, positive, and long-term relationships with owners, landlords, tenants, and third-party vendors servicing the assigned properties.
Specific responsibilities include:
Sales and Leasing Activities:
•Responsible for interacting and coordinating with various parties involved with the leasing process — the landlord, the tenant, third-party vendors providing services to the leased premises, outside counsel, fair market value appraisers, property managers, building engineers, landlord’s accounting staff, and landlord’s administration.
• Develop and implement marketing strategies across the portfolio, including marketing collateral, floor plan database, and leasing templates.
• Interface with current tenants and prospects to successfully define the parameters, lease terms, and limitations surrounding a possible lease.
• Coordinate with hospital administration on department expansions, relocations, and temporary occupancy within the portfolio.
• Maintain working knowledge of template lease document and coordinate lease negotiation documents such as Letters of Intent (“LOI’s”), and other correspondence in an efficient, professional, and timely manner.
• Coordinate with outside counsel for the creation, modification, and approval of all legally binding documentation.
• Monitor and maintain market data and statistics for competitive medical and general office properties.
• Actively maintain relationships within the medical office and commercial broker community to secure new prospects and gather market intelligence. • Maintain and support development of RTG leasing policies, procedures, and protocols for the portfolio.
• Maintain familiarity with the applicable healthcare regulations, such as the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback statute, as they pertain to leasing arrangements between physicians and health systems.
Advisory / Other Service Lines:
•Support client executive(s) with overall project support, financial analysis review, market research, client proposals, and project deliverables.
• Interface with the client as needed to advance the project goals and objectives.
• Provide reviewed technical advice and client deliverables over all company service lines as appropriate.
• Serve in appropriate engagement management roles.
• Oversees analysts’ work on specific engagements, including responsibility for quality control and staff development.
• Provides valued input into strategic issues and tactical decisions of the company.
•Excellent people, quantitative and analytical skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a professional team environment.
• Strong communicator.
• Detail oriented.
• Team player and a leader.
• Problem solver.
• Able to accept constructive criticism.
• Timely decision-maker.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, Economics, Healthcare, or Engineering, or related field is required. MBA, or similar graduate degree, is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of healthcare real estate or relevant consulting experience is required.
• Competence with various software programs, including Microsoft Office, Excel, ARGUS, and Yardi.
ALLOCATION OF TIME:
•Business Client Development – 10%
• Client / Project Work – 80%
• Administrative – 10%
•Overnight travel required up to 25%.