Realty Trust Group, LLC (“RTG”), an affiliate of PYA, P.C. is a health care real estate advisory and services firm serving health systems and physician groups. RTG is focused on helping clients reduce costs, create value, and support broader strategic objectives in the operations of their real estate portfolios through an extensive, integrative service platform including Advisory, Operations, Capital Projects and Transaction services. Formed in 1998, RTG has offices in Knoxville, TN, Johnson City, TN, Greensboro, NC, and Atlanta, GA. For more information, please visit our website at www.realtytrustgroup.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
RTG seeks an Assistant Property Manager to join its growing and dynamic team of professionals serving the healthcare real estate industry. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who designs, develops, evaluates, and implements operation measures that contribute to RTG’s success. The Assistant Property Manager will assist the Property Manager in day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained real estate portfolio, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to concerns and needs of the customer and on increasing the value of the portfolio being managed.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Maintains tenant information and Lease Administration.
· Assists with accounts receivable, accounts payable and related financials.
· Takes maintenance requests and dispatches maintenance in a timely manner using work order software program.
· Assists in preparation and administration of operating and capital budgets.
· Assists in preparation of a monthly report to client, as well as responsible for other necessary reports, forms and required documents.
· Maintains insurance files and certificates for compliance.
· Assists property managers to manage outside vendors related to the properties.
· Develops and maintains positive tenant relations by creating and sustaining good will between landlord and tenant and by providing consistently responsive quality services.
· Coordinates and assists with tenant move-ins and move-outs.
· Assists property managers to oversee maintenance staff.
· Responds to after-hour emergencies.
· Handles phones.
· Support development of RTG local market presence and relationships including participation in local Property Management networks (e.g., BOMA).
· Problem solving is a key component and requirement of this position. The employee must be effective at finding effective solutions to numerous types of problems related to client requests.
· Employee must be able to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals. Must be able to utilize resources effectively and efficiently and arrange information and files in an orderly and useful manner.
· Employee must be a self-starter and work in a proactive manner in all that is required of the position. Must be able to accept constructive criticism and be willing to learn on the job.
· Employee must be able to make decisions in a timely manner (a manner that promotes a successful client experience and supports the RTG culture in support of one another).
· Must work well together and in a professional team environment.
· Strong communicator.
· Detail oriented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school graduate.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Active Real Estate License is required.
· Two (2) years of property management, facilities management, and/or brokerage experience or equivalent.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in Yardi Property Management software preferred. Experience with MLS platforms and other real estate databases (CoStar, LoopNet).
· Must obtain a real estate license if required by law.
ALLOCATION OF TIME
• Business Development – 5%
• Client / Project Work – 60%
• Administrative – 35%
RTG offers a competitive compensation package, including an incentive compensation plan, health, life and long term disability insurance; 401(k) with company matching; and profit sharing.